A passion for fashion, an old adage and cliché that really does apply in my life! Before plunging full-time into the entertainment business, I was busy styling friends and the random person on the street that saw and considered my fashion to be timeless and wanted a consultation. Always trekking in the latest and highest heel, I launched B So Chic!™, a Designer & Vintage on-line boutique as a way to channel that keen eye for fashionable pieces that transcend time and trends. The boutique offers one of a kind designer vintage apparel and accessories at an incredibly low and competitive price.
My personal style is inspired by the care-free spirit of the 70′s represented in boho chic and an inner Coco Chanel that is seen at the root of my classy aesthetic. I love pearls, custom made pieces, cocktail and church hats, clutches, a simple black blazer, a white tee and Jackie-O glasses; and of course a bad 5″ stiletto.
B So Chic!™ was my first entrepreneur venture and has been taught me the ins and outs of creating a business. My goal is to eventually cut the red ribbon to an upscale boutique that caters to the woman that appreciates art through fashion. And, design my own line of high-end shoes.
When I’m not cooking, singing or writing, you’ll definitely find me in my dressing room, coordinating outfits for my next evening soirée or consulting my closest girlfriends on the season’s must-haves.
- I have over 200 pair of shoes.
- My fave pair of stilettos are GUCCI mauve strappy leather sandals with a pique toe. 5″.
- I collect and own 250 hats. A shame my hats trump my shoes! But, I do wear one at least once a day. The oldest one is from the 20′s.
- I still have clothes from high school. Yes, I do wear those pieces; and they still fit.
- I stopped buying a lot of jewelry when my mom launched her jewelry business.
- I never like fake sunglasses or purses and vow to never own a pair. No need to front.
- My best deal were a $2,800 pair of green leather Ralph Lauren Black Label pants for $30!
- My favorite store to shop at is Loehmanns.
- My first retail job was as an assistant manager at a shoe store.
- My “hat” room was my sister’s idea as a way to alleviate the growing number of hat boxes taking up space in my single bedroom. It wasn’t much more than a hat room. It’s now a full out dressing room and every girl’s dream!
- I’m the only one in my family that wears a size 8 shoe.
- I may not look it, but I’ve been a size 2/4 for the past 11 years.
- I’m only 5’1″
- Coco Chanel, Marc Jacobs & Alexander McQueen are my favorite designers.
- I want to be Karl Lagerfelds’ Latina muse.
- I own fresh water pearls but seldom wear them.
- My mother gifted me my first pair of diamond earrings. And then I left them in a Manhattan boutique hotel.
- I use a vintage Samsonite train case when doing remote TV shoots. They are practical.
- I cook in heels. Every single time.
- I bought my first status bag when I turned 30. I was in Cannes, France.
My Fashion Sites
Photo Credit: Marcus Ryan Photography